Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
Edit: And Piggy Knowles entered twice? I thought we could only enter once
Nope, no such restriction. In fact, I believe there was one contest where someone entered three times.

I've done four double entries - Shadowdancer, Mindbender, Shadow Sentinel and now this one. In fact, in the Shadowdancer contest I managed to pull both second and third place.

In this case, I am actually pretty surprised Kiryu placed as high as it did. I entered it more because the idea was bouncing around in my head, to combine Renegade Mastermaker and dragonborn to make a mecha-godzilla themed build, and it was pretty hastily done. I managed to finish AM-1468 pretty early on, and thought it would be fun to throw together the godzilla one. I was originally planning on Duskblade 6/Suel Arcanamach 1/RMM 10/Spellcarved Soldier 3, but I found that the build actually worked out much better by sticking to Suel Arcanamach.

Then I tossed together the Eberron version of a godzilla story, and found that I liked it enough to send it along. I figured it might get some novelty points, although I suspected it would get tanked in power and UoSI when compared to potential 9th-level spells, etc. But luckily, I guess VKnight was a mecha-godzilla fan?

(Oh, and Darrin: the darfellan's bite attack wasn't mentioned because he loses it when he goes dragonborn. Darfellan was mostly there for thematic reasons - I wanted an aquatic race, so that it could come from the seas, and darfellan are by far the coolest aquatic race with no LA.)

AM-1468 was a lot of fun, though. I'm pretty happy with the way the build turned out, even if the entry was a bit longer than I usually like.

I will say I was a little disappointed to see Kilroy place so low, as that was one of my favorites. I really like the way infusions mesh with the secret ingredient, and Kilroy was the only infusion-user here. I'm also a sucker for most of the Dragonmarked PrCs (that book is actually one of my favorite supplements in general), so the inclusion of Cyre Scout was pretty fun.

And kudos to Venger/Samsa on the Metamorphosis reference, although with all the tricks up that build's sleeve, it probably looks a lot more like this version of the story