That evil party is probably one of the best you can assemble in the game, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
I think an extra attack per round is too big a bonus in BG1. Half an attack might work better.
I guess you're probably right.

Maybe +0.5 attacks/round and +2 to attack rolls? The idea behind this is that a Kensai will have to retreat after getting beat up often, or alternatively only get into the action once a few of the more damaging enemies are otherwise occupied or dead, so the Kensai should do more with the little time he has before he becomes a liability and healing sink.

(Blur is there because I remember that, when I played a Kensai once, he was hogging Potions of Defense and Invulnerability as well as the Shield Amulet and was just a constant resource drain all around.)

Now that I reached Nashkel with my Skirmisher Fighter, I'm wondering about my party composition. I decided to make a mostly Good run this time, since my last ones were Neutral and Evil. This means I want Good and Neutral people in my team - CHARNAME is Lawful Neutral. I guess I can keep Imoen as the thief. I could go with Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc and Dynaheir, I suppose, but I had Khalid and Jaheira with me in my last playthrough and besides I want to grab one of the new NPCs. The question is, which one. Rasaad would fit best, because he's Lawful Good, but it doesn't look like Monks are terribly strong on low levels. So I could give up Mincs and Dynaheir and take Neera as my mage.
If you're really concerned with the group's viability, I'd probably drop Minsc and Dynaheir first and go with Neera and probably Kivan (who can get to AC levels your Skirmisher with his armor restriction only dreams of).

Personally, I'm planning to go with the following once I get EE (after my current BGT playthrough):
  • Ranger (unsure what kit to use; I mainly want to see the new EE items in action and getting dual-wielding points for free obviously helps here)
  • Imoen
  • Rasaad
  • Neera
  • Branwen (later Faldorn)
  • Kivan (since I'll be playing this without the NPC Project)

Also, I have restarted my Trilogy playthrough because I like Fighter/Mages too much.

Anyway, this just happened after I traveled to a new area (the excavation site) and decided to give in to Xan's and Viconia's constant complaints about how tired they are:
Spoiler
Show

This is the fourth wave of Tasloi spawned when I tried to rest. Their onslaught was interrupted by a pack of three Dread Wolves that also wanted a piece of my guys.

They were getting chunked left and right, but...

...they just kept coming.
Sorry, Viconia, you must fight, then rest.

So, that were 50 Tasloi. My Fighter/Mage actually leveled that night.

And the RNG had not yet tormented my tired elves enough.

Three more Dread Wolves looking for late-night snacks. Also, Sword Coast Stratagems' Better Calls for Help in action - there's a regular wolf that noticed what was going on and decided to help his cousins, putting the body count for that night at 50 Tasloi, 6 Dread Wolves, 1 Wolf.

Also, Shocking Grasp is actually quite useful for this character with Spell Revisions installed, because it stuns unless the target saves (and there's a level-scaling save penalty).