Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
Gak
"All of the above, actually! With all the rebuilding and compensation that has to be paid out to Bridle Shores because of invasions and monsters, the school's funding has been cut. Now they can only afford one teacher."
She fiddled with her hooves.
"So, I'll be teaching Math, History, Reading, and Science."
"Huh. That kinda sucks, actually. I didn't realize it was that bad around here."

"Why Stellar, is that a burst of compassion?"

"Hey, I'd be able to do less than half of what I can without a teacher. They're important. It's like they say - 'Talent is a gift. Training opens the box.'"

She looks at those talking about Starswirl.
"Actually, Starswirl brought many innovations to the world of magic. Not only did he know the spells of the period, he made many new ones as well. Some historians believe that if he was given the time, he could use magic to help create a peace throughout the nations."
She smiled.
"While he may not have shattered a continent, could you say that you yourself have made any contributions to magic?"
"I know of at least one of us who has." To her credit, Stellar doesn't point any hooves. Or maybe that's discredit. "But then, there's such a wide variety of what you can do with magic, combined with special talents, that it's really rare for two ponies to have the same spell, even if it's the same effect. In general, you could be making new innovations every day and not even realizing it. At least, if that's how you define it.

If you want to split it as 'made a completely original spell with a brand new effect or method', that's much harder. And I could still name names."
Arvadraa twitches, for some reason. And despite her argumentative stance, Stellar seems genuinely happy to have multiple ponies to discuss this with.