1. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    It's still lower than the regular skin temperature of +25°C, and definitely lower than the regular body temperature of +37°C, so I'd just be losing heat that way. On top of that, a quick test shows that I'm warmer beneath my shirt than the room around me, so no, I will no remove my fleece jacket.
    You always produce heat just by moving though, and your clothing also produces heat, and internal organ processes. By 37° if you aren't sweating and with three fans and a dry ice block underneath you may have anihidrosis.

25°C is the standard room temperature; it's where pretty much all lab measurements are done (formation entalpies, entropies, Standard potential, the list just goes on). It is a perfectly comfortable temperature. 20°C is refreshingly cool. 0°C is absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Virginia, so.... ~37 degrees north? Somewhere in there. I'm used to it being colder this late into fall, though.

Fahrenheit is a weird scale. Apparently it was based off of brine, which, while no less arbitrary than being based off of water, is a bit odd. I much prefer Celsius; I'm just bad at converting the two in my head.
    Farenheit is based on the temperature of the lowest ring of Hell; that's the only explanation for it even existing.

[°C] = ([°F] − 32) × 5⁄9
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-12-03 at 06:23 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.