[Institute of Humanist Studies]

"I did not threaten your life. I said you'd get in the way, and they wouldn't work around you. Odds are you'd get bumped about a few times before giving up and coming up here. Worst case scenario, you'd take a knock to the head, fall unconscious, and be left in a corner until they finished, at which point they'd go to the next highest priority task, which would be making sure your injuries are dealt with. I am not heartless. I'm simply trying to save a lot of time."

See? So unstable!

Admittedly, it's understandable how someone might misinterpret the phrase "work through you" as something more dangerous...

"As for why I've kept quiet about my workers, well, come out here and have a look. There's one standing just beside me. When you see what they are, I think you'll understand why I've kept quiet. You might trust your staff, but I have not known them for long enough to be sure about them, or even you, to be honest. My workers are valuable, who knows when an enterprising young scientist might start getting ideas?"