Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
Well, we don't actually know for sure that the nuke killed that particular Nagloshi. It could have merely discorporated it and cheesed it off. Hell, for all we know, Shagnasty might in fact be that particular Nagloshi come back for revenge on some level and using the "doing a favor" thing as an added incentive to get involved. That's just a pet theory of mine since Shagnasty doesn't strike me as somebody who would be caught out doing favors, not unless there was a lot in it for it.

But, as I understand it . . . and I'm sticking this in spoilers simply because the implications of it have spoiler potential . . .

Spoiler
Show
Nagloshi are a different type of entity here. When Bob and everybody are talking about immortals in this book, they're pretty much referring to beings with "mantles." That is, overarching . . . idioms I guess . . . that they have over the top of whoever personally they might be. Vadderung is Odin (and also Kringle/Santa), Mab might once have been a mortal woman (who I'm convinced was named something completely banal and silly like Mildred) but is also now Queen of Air and Darkness. The Nagloshi is "just" a superpowered nasty who gets its rocks of torturing people to death and causing pain and suffering. That doesn't seem to be a mantle, really.

Perhaps speculation above about "Capital I Immortals and Lower Case I immortals" is on to something.
Spoiler
Show
See I think that the Naagloshi is a "Capital I Immortal" because it has intellectus (by WoJ). Granted it only applies to evil but still!. That's something that only archangels (those beings that can annihilate galaxies with a thought) and the Fae Mothers have been shown to have.