I have no idea why that's spoilered but;
Mainly, because it's not really addressing the same point as the rest of the post and the conclusions I draw would probably disrupt the fic if they were acted upon. So I quarantined it in a spoiler.

So basically there is no reason for them to be without scientists. In fact assuming they are without scientists would be just weird if you think about it.
But they seem to be in the same tech-stasis as every other faction in the game. Worse even... the Imperium and Chaos and the Orks have shown signs of incremental tech advances and refinements on existing technology. The Eldar? Never have to my knowledge.

The Eldar might have had scientists at one point, during the Empire. But what we know about the Craftworld structure doesn't include anything similar. And with their ultra-regimented mono-dedicated personal lives? I could easily see the Craftworld Eldar not having a path for scientists.

Sure, they don't even make their equipment. They sing it into existence with warp wishes from fairy bone. They don't even have engineers... the skill set they use to produce things is pure psy-artistry.

I fully admit, this is just my speculation. But I certainly don't think the Eldar are quite so adamant about controlling the means of production as has been asserted. We definitely don't have a case study to compare it to. I think they are more concerned with adhering to their mystical visions to assure their survival. And not accepting the gifts of the culture probably has much stronger negative impact in the future trails than accepting...