View Single Post

Thread: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

1. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

Gwen and Felix approach the cave to find Oscar attempting to placate the cubs with trail rations.

@Gwen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, miss, but you have no ranks in any Knowledge categories. Without them, you only qualify for common knowledge about bears, which is generally that they are big, hairy, vicious and territorial cave dwellers.

General Intelligence (DC 10): These are the bear cubs that caused you to leave the cave in the first place. They don't seem to be attacking anyone though. They are probably just frightened or hungry.

The whining subsides a bit as the cubs inspect the dried meat. Each of them take their turn sniffing at it and pushing it around the rain-soaked rock with their muzzles until one of them loses interest in it enough to move away. The other cub finally takes its prize in one hungry gulp, but make a weird coughing sound and paws at its face in displeasure after it eats.

The whining soon continues. The bear that refused the ration seems to be heading towards the cave exit, head low in a defensive posture. Each time it gets to the exit, the rain splashes onto its head and it retreats, shaking its head to dismiss the sudden unpleasant combination of cold and wet. After three attempts at braving the rain, lighting scars the sky again, following by a huge crash of thunder. He surrenders to the awesome wrath of nature and sits back down to howl some more.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-12-07 at 01:48 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development