1. - Top - End - #467

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to CeSlebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    Isn't the default aproach to WoD that fluff maters, alot. Its not exactly hard to find holes in the rules. RAW I know that SotA allows you to soak damage from bloodclaws, but not chainsaws and anti-personel rounds. But WoD is not a system that works well under such aproach, and so I would consider reversing the above (and even if not I would still allow chainsaw and APR to be soaked).
    Fluff mattering, and I don't even know what the hell that means since setting....tends to matter, and fluff being mechanics are not the same thing.

Been a long time also since I read a CWoD book but I want to say the stuff for chainsaws,etc was option as a attack X does massive bodily harm. Beyond that, it's a bit of a straw man to say there are spotty mechanics ergo..... If you want an official response you'd have to post on the CWoD forums at the white wolf forums and see if I can't get a former writer or developer to give an answer. If you want to house rule that, then house rule it to your heart's content as per RAW SotA would soak damage from Protean claws.
    Last edited by SiderealDreams; 2012-12-09 at 09:02 PM.