View Single Post

Thread: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

1. - Top - End - #433
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    The amount of bonded allies and the changes in saves seem like quite a handful to keep track of, especially when multiclassing. @_@

Actually, the bonded allies plus the summoning prettymuch give it the Truenamer capstone right at level 2. That makes the class an incredible dip, as afterwards they could just take levels in classes with abilities of much higher power and still retain that capstone-like ability. It's pretty huge, so before I go on, I'd like to know if there are much more of such abilities in there? Particularly with huge range.
    Well, the telepathy and summoned distance are unlimited range, but other than eventually being able to do it multiple times per round, they don't get much else that makes them too deadly or broken. In the Base Class Challenge chat thread, the main concern was with the Vengeance ability which allowed them to basically auto-crit on anything that dropped a bonded ally, and another ability which allows them to be the point of origin for allies' spells, both of which I already nerfed a bit. I'm not opposed to revision and must admit that I didn't look at my creation from a dipping point of view. So would it be tier broken as is, based on how powerful it could make a dipper? I was shooting for maybe 3, but I guess it effectively becomes "tier=tier of most powerful ally."
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2012-12-10 at 04:36 PM.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.