Erin pauses briefly, and considers the Captain's question.

"The girl, Melanie, has a good heart, and she's got some kind of strange power. She seemed to be bolstering the cat, but it didn't seem to be like the power the clerics wield. The halfling has some kind of power over animals. I saw him summon a swarm of... bats, if I recall. The.. uh.. human channeled energy into his... friend. It seemed to fix it, him, whatever it is. I trust the girl the most out of them all, but I wonder what having power has done to her. I can claim that I made the choice to walk the path of righteousness on my own,"

at least, I did after the Rebirth. Before that, I can't even remember.

"but she might have had it forced on her. That, combined with her having such power... I worry for her. The others I trust less. Her, I think we should watch to make sure she's ok. The others I simply don't trust. They allied with us, but that just goes to show that the human knows basic tactics."

"As for the engineer, I don't think it was so much his machine that was the problem. I almost got the thing straightened out in the end. It was more that we were guessing at the controls. If I'd had more than a passing knowledge of how the thing worked, I'm pretty sure we would have been fine."