"Alright. Look, you're in my castle. It's a nice place. About 10 years ago, an old woman tried to access it through the Hedge. I say old woman, but I don't really know who or, what, she was. She appeared as an old crone in a grey cloak and a nose covered in warts, right out of the stories. I don't know how long you've been back, darky, but anytime something happens right out of the stories, you should start screaming and run the other way"

He gives a large grunt at this point and actually heaves himself to his feet, unsteadily.

"So, she tried to come in. I noticed, and since this is my place, I tried to force her out. She wasn't very strong, it felt like I was lifting that doll friend of yours when I grabbed her. But she started muttering crazy talk. Nothin but crazy talk.*

As I forced her back into the hedge via a new portal, there was a flash or something and the curse appeared in the center of my castle. I somehow knew how it worked, and I knew that it would either drain my glamour or my life every day. I'm running a night club here, so it wasn't hard to push things a bit, put an enchantment on the basement here that drives mortals into a frenzy, mix in some regular drugs, let Arthur have his kicks. We've had a few Fae visit. Usually they just order a drink and soak in some extra glamour, then leave. You're the first one to mess with my DJ and insult me to my face."

*If Charlotte is paying even the tiniest bit of attention, it's really obvious that he hesitates at this point. Stephanie probably isn't aware of this, though it's almost obvious enough that even she can pick up on it.