1. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    The original DS (sometimes called the DS Fat/Phat) and the DS Lite (which is why the original's called fat) both have a Game Boy Advance cartridge slot, and the Lite is brighter, lighter, and its battery is an improved model that lasts longer despite the increased brightness.
    Which is required for transfer of Gen III Pokemon to Gen IV (meaning you can't do on later versions of the DS).

Quote Originally Posted by Vemynal View Post
    So the internet at my house that has a password on it wouldn't work...do the newer versions have the ability to connect to say my home internet with a password?

edit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

nvm finally found it on my own
    The internet encryption security on the DS Lite requires it to be WEP to work; if, like me, you have WPS encryption, you can't connect without more effort on your part. One option is to buy a dongle and link through that (though that itself requires some effort juggling to get to work).

However, if you have a gander at your wireless router, it may well have its settings webpage url listed on the box. It's worth having a look at that, as mine had an option to set up a "guest network" via whatever encryption you wanted; so I set a new guest netwrok with a WEP encryption and, as they say, Bob's you're uncle.

The later DS versions do have the same problem, as they have slightly more encryption options, as I understand it.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-12-12 at 05:03 AM.