1. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Entrance

"A minute please, Private. Processing..."

After Cassius sets her down, Magtok attempts to hold Renee close once more. Shoot, this is at least a dozen times uglier than expected. He feels nothing but guilt for that stupid, poorly-timed pithy remark, too. Best get her away from here, put some distance between herself and the incident, and keep her family close. Speaking of which...

"There's an infirmary here. Might be better than dragging her all the way off to Rem. Unless you have people with mind-collective psychology experience."

He glances towards Nora, still too much shocked and emotionally numb to conjure up any sort of hate, loathing, or disgust towards the reckless military drone. The massive info-dump he's spread out amongst the other clones hasn't helped matters, either. Too much going on, no time at all to stop and figure out what to do or why.

"Civilian. Actually, debatable. On this particular mountainside beyond reach of govt, I'm lord & sovereign. Seen plenty combat, too. Irrelevant, slow-talkers will explain who I am and what to think of me. I think of myself as a sort of jack of all trades, master of some.

You ever see Old Yeller? Antiquated Earth film worth watching. To try to put it in terms you might understand, you more or less just killed a Realborn child's largely harmless companion animal. Except they had this whole integration thing that you attempted going, so the both of them felt as if they'd died at once. She's Cassius's sister, and my daughter, if that wasn't already clear.

And everything is alien here. Human is just one of the more popular breeds of sapient life that gets trapped here. The only individuals stressing mankind over all else in this world are violent terrorists and bigots, blinded to the fact that humanity has already won, and is holding almost all the political power in the Nexus. You don't want to a member of their camp.

Fortunately for you, we have no shortage of morally justified things to hate and shoot at, though. Genuine, straight-out-of-the-fantasy-books vampires, undead, devils, demons, and more. The Nexus doesn't much care how hokey and ridiculous and fictional a thing might sound to you, y'see. It'll pluck a leprechaun right out from some weird magical dimension, sit him down in the capitol city, and force you to keep a straight face every time you pass him by on the streets. It's every bit as aggravating as it sounds."

It should be noted that while Magtok was more than willing to consume Nora's entire life story, he hasn't offered up even a minute of his own life in exchange. What a jerkface.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-12-12 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi