1. - Top - End - #513
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: GitP Dwarf Fortress Succession Game 4: Dwarves on Patrol

From the Journal of kpenguin, Adminstrator

1st Granite, 119
    EVERYONE INSIDE!

My first order as the overseer is to order a burrow designated and call all dwarves into the castle. What they were all doing outside during an ambush I don't know. Why we didn't have a burrow in the first place I don't know.

An unsealed door lies between the castle and the outside world. I will keep unsealed to let any dwarves in I can and forbid it once the broglins draw near.

The archers outside are a problem. We lack a wall to block arrows and bolts. This is something we must have soon...

17th Granite, 119
    The fortress is sealed. I can hear the screams of the dwarves trapped outside, but their sacrifice is necessary for the fortress to survive. Everyone around me is mumbling grumpily. I hope we can stave off a riot.

19th Granite, 119
    Iton's gone mad. He the lack of gems drove him so. Pity, I had set up a jeweler's shop to cut rocks into gems for him...

20th Granite, 119
    Fath's gone stark raving mad as well. Shame shame.

25th, Granite, 119

They're all gone now. Thank Armok. Now it is time to rebuild... and rewall

Oh, no. An armorer went beserk. Okay.

27th Granite, 119
    After harassing the hospital, the armorer was put down by our new militia commander, brained by a steel crossbow. Huzzah.

4th Slate, 119
    A dyer went beserk and killed our expedition leader. Terrible. Just terrible.

5th Slate, 119
    Gnoman put down the dyer. I fear things may get yet more grave.

13th Slate, 119
    Migrants have arrived. Thank Armok.

17th Slate, 119
    I've converted the large building to the southeast into a mausoleum of sorts. Coffins are arranged along the walls and two iron statues lie in the center, along with The Riddled Shred. Perhaps seeing such marvels of dwarven construction will bring cheer.

23rd Slate, 119
    Our miner has found something... fascinating

Spoiler
    Show

15th Felsite, 119

Elves.

21st Felsite, 119
    Another goblin ambush. Macemen. Closing up the bridge and ordering everyone inside. In addition, a presser has begun stalking and brooding..

22nd Felsite, 119

Asmel the presser has claimed a butcher shop and, after gathering skulls and remains, has begun working on some macabre artifact.. The goblins still stalk outside, on the other side of the river...

More goblins! Curse them! Still, they lie on the other side of the river.

23rd Felsite, 119
    The dwarves who did not make it in before the bridge was raised lie dead. Shame.

24th Felsite, 119
    A dwarf has gone beserk in the hospital. I fear the patients may not make it out alive.

27th Felsite, 119
    Asmel the presser has become Asmel the bone carver, a legend of this macabre trade. He brings out the fruit of his labor: a ring made of aardvark bone, named Drownfail the Jackal of Blizzards.

6th Hematite, 119

I hate goblins. Hate hate hate hate hate hate.

12th Hematite, 119
    A couple of our babbling mad dwarves died of thirst. I don't really care all that much.

12th Hematite, 119
    IA IA ARMOK FTAGHN

Spoiler
    Show

----

Journal of “Kippy” Zursullikot, Miner

18th Hermatite, 119
    kpenguin ordered the bridge down. Crazy bastard. He ordered the bridge down. I thought it would kill us all, but the sheep around me followed his orders. It worked, somehow. The goblins stood just in the right manner such that many of them were smashed by the lowered bridge. The rest quickly fled. I'd never seen anything like it.

21th Hematite, 119
    Luzahn threw a pair of pants at a goose. I don't even.

11th Malachite, 119
    In the midst of reconstruction, more migrants arrive. I remember when I came to this fort.Bright eyed, hopeful for a new future.

Wretched fool I was.

9th Galena, 119
    Kpenguin fell victim to dehydration today. I quickly seize my chance. I am the new overseer.

17th Galena, 119
    A little over a week in and I get an ambush. Lucky me.

19th Galena, 119

A human caravan arrives. Unfortunately, their wagons have no way of entering our fortress.

8th Limestone, 119
    A jeweler wants rough gems for their little project. I dig for the caverns.

7th Sandstone, 119
    More migrants. Migrants migrants migrants. The goblins to the east of the river are waiting. I've constructed a new entrance to greet them.

15th Timber, 119
    One ambush is foiled by traps, but another appears! Is there no end to these things?

19th Timber, 119
    An outpost liason has arrived, with merchants in tow. Their wagons are unable to enter our fortress, with the merchant entrance sealed. Still, I hope we can get some trade underway.

24th Timber, 119
    The jeweler went berserk. A merchant guard swordsman cut him down.

25th Timber, 119

AMBUSH! AMBUSH AT OUR NORTH ENTRANCE!

7th Moonstone, 119

The goblins were beaten back. Thank Armok the merchant guard within the fortress was there. There were many casualties, my parents among them. The corpses keep stacking up...

28th Moonstone, 119
    A ghost punched me in the chest. I'm gonna go... lie down and think about my life.

Spoiler
    Show

28th Opal, 119

I've been informed all dwarf corpses have finally been buried. Good.

6th Obsidian, 119
    The tunnel I dug to the caverns is still open. I order a mason to close it up. A troll appears and punches him in the head.

11th Obsidian, 119

After a great massacre, I order the dwarves back out of the mines. The troll waits down there, hungrily licking its tusks. The others whisper its name. Yearbreak the Silks of Imprisoning.

15th, Obsidian, 119

The troll destroyed the door between the aquifer and the mines. The mines begin flooding. Great Armok.

16th Obsidian, 119
    I tentatively order my masons to go seal the mines, but an ambush interrupts them! Curses!

3rd Granite, 119

Spring is here. We're all doomed.

Spoiler
    Show

[Upload]

---

I'll do the actual upload later, but boy, that was a whirlwind of a fort. The fortress is a bit more secure now from the front, with the beginnings of a trapline and walls all over. From below, less so, but the flooding might take care of that... if it doesn't completely kill our FPS
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-12-14 at 11:22 AM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)