I'm of the firm opinion that there's no such thing as badwrongfun as long as no one gets hurt.
Well, it's not like I have any intention of stopping. But I do acknowledge that what I'm doing with it isn't what most people are doing with it.

You could base a NWoD game on Persona, I suppose, but to me it would have a very different feel than the actual Persona series by virtue of the combat alone.
It's not really that different. The only people who really escaped from a tussle without at least one side going down hard are the, uh... the antagonist teenagers in 3. The main difference is the lack of dungeon crawling, which isn't much of a weakness in tabletop to me. Plot encounters in the first three, in particular, with other humans tended to end up with at least one, and generally many, bodies.

And as someone who enjoys the work of H. P. Lovecraft, that breaks my heart.
Eeeeexcellent. The disappointment of Lovecraft fans is something I collect in a little vial I keep on my computer desk :D

Minor side note you may or may not empathize with, and thoroughly off topic, but me and my roommate keep 5 Kyuubey plushies around. The visitor most disturbed by them is the one that is the biggest Mythos fan of them all. I'm not sure why that is.