1st of Granite, I have been appointed overseer and have taken a quick overview of the fortress. From the reports of the residents the last overseer was very productive although a few corpses still need burying. The walls around the route to the quarry are nice, and we have walls on all sides now. The food and drink supplies are solid and we are only suffering from one disaster at the moment. The only solution is to start a project. By the end of the year I will put a roof over our heads.

7th of Granite, Due to the ongoing crisis of a troll in the dungeons I have ordered some work to be done to seal off the stone pile, which fails. And our only remaining miner has been taken by a strange mood. I wish him luck in his madness.

10th of Granite, Off of the old quarry I begin planning the digging of a new quarry. Here we will not only mine for stone but process it into blocks as well. The blocks will then be used to build the new roof.

25th of Granite, We have a serious deficit in seating and sleeping
arrangements. We have around forty unconstructed beds an almost no tables or chairs. I order the carpenters guild to make tables and chairs and put a floor into the dining hall to make it more livable. It will serve as a living area until proper lodgings can be constructed.

25th of Granite, Praise the Miner (Kippy)! He has completed a fabulous artifact statue that will be installed into the dining hall to cheer up the place.

21st of Slate, Migrants arrive on the wrong side of the river. I try to discover how to open the gate to let them in if possible. I open the gates. Citizens run out. Then I have the idea of assigning people to burrows. I should have done that earlier. We lost some dwarves but I do not know if they were newcomers or former residents.

3rd of Felsite, The fiasco is over. I have sealed our citizens within once more and we have gained ten new members to our noble fortress. In the future I will remember our populace’s stupidity and take precautions. Overall I think some good may have come from this experience. The fortress wouldn’t look the same without the piles of corpses.

21st of Felsite, Elves arrive along with Broglins. I will enjoy the suffering of the pointy eared ones. We have no need for you here.

25th of Hematite, Good news, I finally got the dwarves to dig. Our work has started to go at a much faster pace and we now have a floor in the dining hall. The beginnings of the roofing project can begin now.

2nd of Malachite
, Migrants arrived. None survived. The corpses just keep making this place prettier and prettier. A positive outcome of this is that the broglins are now lurking on the south side of the fortress and future migrant waves might have survivors for once.

23rd of Malachite, Oh Armok save us! The baby conspiracy is true. I see him stalking the fortress. He is coming for us, the babies are coming for us!

18th of Galena, Not much interesting has happened. I doubt I will be able to roof the entire place even though I have everyone working as masons. The Broglin problem is annoying but I help that the freshly arrived human caravan will take care of them.

4th of Limestone, I hate Broglins. They just appear and disappear. I have no idea if we have enemies on the map or not. I’m just going to keep everyone inside the burrow which I have expanded slightly.

11th of Limestone, Traded stuff. We have a lot of food and drink. At least that won’t be a problem for my successors.

5th of Limestone, ‘Kippy’ the miner died of thirst. Her evil spawn the wandering baby still stalks the halls. We will miss her.

8th of Limestone, Migrants have arrived. This time we won’t have to witness their slaughter. I almost had my own running gag. Last turn I would have had a gag of creating military squads and throwing them away, but that didn’t work.

13th of Timber, An Ambush, Curse Them! I order everyone inside. We lost a peasant.

17th of Timber, An Ambush, Curse Them! The goblins had reached the drawbridge by the time they were noticed. I order the Lever pulled and hope that the cage traps will get them. The cage traps get them.

27th of Moonstone, Rakust a Bower has entered a strange mood. We appear to have everything she needs except bones.

9th of Opal, The Rakust’s project begins. It shall be glorious.

13th of Opal, It is, It is, It is! A blowgun. I hate you Rakust. If you weren’t a legendary bower I would draft you into the military.

21st of Opal, We lost a baby to a giant toad. Poor baby. Somebody didn’t beat it up fast enough.

1st of Granite, Obsidian was uneventful. The Dwarves frustrated me with by refusing to make more blocks but I have figured it out why (burrows). All dwarves are currently in the large burrow. We have massive amounts of food and drink available. Sadly a little less than a fourth of the place has a roof now. Our population stands at forty-three. The fiendish baby of darkness has disappeared.

Blah. Editing is for the weak. I will figure how to put the save up later.