1. - Top - End - #535
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: GitP Dwarf Fortress Succession Game 4: Dwarves on Patrol

Okay, so in case you didn't care to sit through three and a half hours of me rambling, ranting and otherwise looking confused and annoyed, here are some highlights from the first part of my turn.

I spend the first 40 minutes or so working out who does what, what goes where, where ANYTHING is, designations, workshop orders, and all that jazz. My plans for a WEAPON are slightly ruined by the lack of an aquifer. I had been thinking we had one on this map, but that was last fortress.

My immediate plan is to get a mine-cart system from the quarry to the roof to expedite construction. If I have spare stone and time, I will start on PROJECT FLOODER. After many trials and tribulations and a couple cave-ins, I get the track working. NOTE TO FUTURE OVERSEERS: This is set only to move blocks from the quarry-side stockpiles to the roof. It should do so without oversight required, but with dorfs, you never know.

Migrants arrive in 3 separate waves over the course of the spring and summer, only the first of which is without ambush.

Elven merchants die to ambush, and I put our marksdorfs on the roof to take potshots at the goblins. The enemy's lack of ranged combatants allows us to drive them off, but I am loath to open the gates for fear of more ambushes lurking undiscovered.

Human merchants had just arrived when I decided to save the game and go to bed. I now take up this task again.

edit: annnnnnnnd CRASHED. This is one of the few times I have ever seen dwarf fortress crash on me, and it irks me greatly. I thought we were doing pretty well all things considered, and was almost done my turn. I have some RL stuff to take care of in the next few hours, so I probably won't start back up again for a bit. Much apologies.

If you care, you can find what was my turn at http://www.twitch.tv/iyaerp/b/348854605
    Last edited by iyaerP; 2012-12-17 at 01:29 PM.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.