Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
The strange thing is that I know, rationally, that their opinion of my life is 99% crap. I mean, I'm really happy to not be around my mother and having to deal with whatever made-up problem she has with me this time. But I'm just outright afraid of her, and I don't know why.
This is all about assumptions and all, but she always sounded rather erratic and prone to making sweeping pronouncements/getting set on a course of action or opinion that is to your detriment from what you've mentioned of her in the past.

People whose behavior isn't consistent are naturally unnerving and draining to be around for any real length of time from what I've gathered and experienced. People with some amount of power over one's self who are inconstant, well...

On the other hand, half of a parent's job is traumatizing their children in a variety of ways, I'm theoretically a grown man and I can still feel echoes of the visceral terror I had felt the few times I saw my father truly angered when I was a boy if I'm given cause.