1. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread 30: Throwing titles out the window!

Quote Originally Posted by Murmaider View Post
    So, I got Crusader Kings 2 this week when it was 75% off. So far it's the best game I bought in a long time. I was reluctant to buy it at full price, cause 40€ for a 500mb game seemed kinda pricey. But man I'm glad I finally got to play to play it. This is so much fun! I feel kinda bad now for being a Total War-fan boy all these years

Can anyone suggest a good DLC? I was mainly looking at Sword of the Islam. Does it improve gameplay in any way, or do I just spend 5€ to unlock the muslim states?
    The Sword of Islam and Legacy of Rome are a must if you're looking to play the respective states later. Otherwise, they're not needed. However, Legacy of Rome is needed in order to unlock retinues, which are very useful as a private standing army. You can do without them, but it will certainly limit your options a little.

For ahistorical lulz, you can also look at Sunset Invasion to trigger the Aztec horde on Western Europe at around 1300s thereabouts. (Similar to how the Mongols will appear in the 13th century.)

I'd also recommend the songs DLC, if only because I love Waldersoft's works.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-23 at 07:40 AM.