1. - Top - End - #947
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Doctor Who Thread III: Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    I have a problem with getting a new one as I feel its disrespectful to the man who spent ages working on the 2010 TARDIS (and the 2005 TARDIS) and then they scrap it for limited reason after 2 years and replace him with a new designer.
    They had to build a new one for the 2010 series because the old one didn't look good on HD; this is why it's barely seen in the preceding few episodes, the first to be shot in HD.

Supposedly they had to replace the new one because they changed studios and they couldn't move the Tardis set, or it wouldn't be much cheaper than just building a new set.
    It makes a mess of the fundamentals of Dr Who. The Doctor uses time travel to mess with a life. Not only is that unethical
    How is it unethical? The choices are still Kazran's; the Doctor was simply giving him a chance to make different choices, by taking him on an adventure rather than leaving him home alone after being beaten by his father.

And if you're going to argue it's the difference between knowing what could happen and knowing what will happen - well, he's a Time Lord; he doesn't experience time the same way we do. Everything is a could from his point of view.
    there are a millon times he could have done that in previous episodes (Henry Van Statten comes to mind) with more justification.
    The point is for once the villain wasn't completely beyond redemption. I guess you'll have to assume the Doctor decided all those other people were beyond redemption, or he was just having a bad day, or he didn't have direct access to the Tardis at the time, or rewriting history wouldn't work for whatever reason in that specific situation.
    If he worked out the pin code by going into the future, what's stopping him from going to the future and interrogating the survivors of his wake before causing the wake?
    Because the latter would be crossing his own timeline, while the former was not. The Doctor had already met the older Kazran, who knew the code. The Doctor's presence didn't change what the code was, because it had always been the same number.

That's... wow. Blink was supposed to barely have the Doctor or Martha in it. You know, like Love and Monsters. It was the producers' way of cutting costs, filming an extra episode at the same time. For Series 2 it was Love and Monsters. For Series 3 it was Blink. For Series 4 they decided to do one with less Doctor and one with less Donna. For Series 5 they had to replace Gaiman's episode with the much cheaper The Lodger. Presumably the current production schedule, with the the series split in half, doesn't require such a thing. It wasn't his idea to write Martha out of it. Come on.

I'm reserving my right not to comment on the rest.
    Last edited by JCarter426; 2012-12-23 at 09:32 PM.