Another Curly review!

Overall, Curly, I do agree with your summary. However, I have one tiny, little comment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
Spoiler
Show
Okay, look, that house is enormous, and they're keeping it on the combined wages of a writer and a nurse. No. That house is legitimately bigger than the one I live in. It cost roughly forty grand in 1999 and we finally paid the mortgage off in about 2010. After my dad worked one hundred and forty plus hours a week for forty-seven weeks of the year. In case my maths is wrong, he was home for one and a half days a week. If we were lucky.

And our house is a pit. The bathroom plumbing leaks something awful, the room is always stone cold, it has no garden, the roof leaks, we only have four bedrooms because the bathroom is now a bedroom that can also function perfectly as a fridge etcetera etcetera. It's a little terrace house built in the 1880s, so it looks to be about the same age as the the Ponds' residence; but it also clearly has large, open plan rooms with a large kitchen, living room and master bedroom that looks to be half again as large as ours.

Even without four children, and four (then three) pets as a drain of your resources I sincerely doubt the Ponds could live there so comfortably on their wages. An RN's average salary is £24 727, and I couldn't find one for a travel journalist given the job market, but let's say £17 000. A three-bedroom terraced house with garden similar to the Ponds' home in Cornwall would be between £300 000 and £745 000. So in London or another large city I think I can be reasonably certain the house would cost around half a million pounds to buy. The rent would be similarly prohibitive.

Logic. Bleh.

Spoiler
Show
The Doctor bought the house for Amy and Rory, along with a new car, at the end of The God Complex. They may or may not have to pay taxes on it, depending on shenanigans, but they didn't have to pay the mortgage and they didn't have to pay the original price, so they can probably handle the taxes on two salaries.