1. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    Actually, the Railgun thing doesnt work at all unless your DM is solely going off rule of cool.
    Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
    If you do use real world physics then the object basically launches itself out of commoner 15's hand, crippling him and injuring the next few people in line. Your top speed is something like a hundred miles per hour.

If you aren't working off real work physics then you can get an object to another place extremely quickly...but it isn't so much a railgun as it is a mundane teleporter. The object will have no momentum at all so the last commoner could just as easily pass it back toward the first guy as he could drop it into his own square. "launching it" at an enemy will do normal improvised weapon damage.
    The railgun works on four specific principles:

the understanding that in DnD, friction does not negatively affect things.

Things have Innertia

Commoners Apply a standard force by holding up, then pushing a rod down a hand conveyor belt

the act of pushing the rod is not divided into invidual packets of opposed Acceleration vectors, as the action used in the commoner railgun defies physics already.

Bolded Real world Physics missing from DnD *Buries 2 catgirls*
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-12-26 at 01:30 AM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself