Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
Also... you are either a dull enough soul that the Tau thing works, or you are a bright enough soul that the Ork / Tyranid fields can work. One or the other... they are mutually exclusive, I believe...
Once this hypothetical version of The Culture figures out how to artificially create or induce either of those conditions, it should be relatively simple to just switch between them as desired.. and I didn't get the sense that they were supposed to be both at once. More "We have determined how to replicate the Tau's low warp presence. We have implemented this among all the citizens it could usefully protect, and with this added safety measure we can take more aggressive investigations into Warp-based sciences..." leading into "we have figured out how the Ork and Tyranid sub-nets work. As both of these species appear to be all but immune to Chaos infection, we have exchanged our previous Tau-based defense for this technique. Huh. It turns out this also gives us a ridiculously large Warp-power battery to draw on. I wonder what we could do with that?"