1. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Culture Explores 40K III: Just As Planned

part 9.5 Necrons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Week 2
    The Necrons have indicated that they have been active in the last few years and so know most of their local area. No mention of how they knew the new Tombworld has become active, but they did say that the Tombworld we activated was not of a dynasty they are familiar with.

While they are familiar with the IoM, at least at the point of a gun, they appreciate our understanding of the IoM's xenophobia. Of Chaos, they have only limited information so I have taken the liberty to provide them with our collected data on Chaos.
    Upon mention that we have contact with the Eldar, the Necrons demanded strategic information on them, which I have denied for obvious reasons. To be fair, I did mention that we are not in the habit of letting civilizations kill each other and will also not be providing any information on the Necrons to the Eldar. (although the Eldar haven't asked)

They have shared details on their history, which colours some additional minor details of the War in Heaven but otherwise broadly agrees with our other two accounts. Of note is the mention that the Warp was once calmer and the Chaos gods are entities that the Necrons are unfamiliar with.
    While they did not quite thank us for providing that information, we have come to a mutual understanding that Chaos is a common enemy, even if the Culture and Necrons do not see eye to eye on methods of dealing with it.

Since our diplomatic relations have progressed far more rapidly than with the lone half-crazy Necron Lord (which they have admitted happens more often than they would have liked, not even Necron technology can perfectly preseve digital intelligences for many millions of years; heck, even we cannot preserve a drone with much confidence for the same length of time without active methods), I am beginning to think that a more fruitful relationship is possible.

In line with our standard diplomatic advances, I will be negotiating the possibility of a cultural exchange. Perhaps some drone citizens will be interested in this task, therefore I request backup from any GCU with some appropriate and interested SC drones. ROUs are not suited for diplomatic work, whatever the Necrons seem to think.
    Last edited by jseah; 2013-01-01 at 11:42 AM.