1. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Culture Explores 40K III: Just As Planned

part 9.5 Necrons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Week 3
    It seems that the Necrons wish to remain... aloof is the best translation. A cultural exchange will have to wait. I am shifting priorities to negotiating a technology exchange although this does not seem too likely.

Apart from the monolith, a direct explanation and knowledge base, even if flawed, would be much better to work on. Additionally, I have shared some of our insights into sub-atomic engineering

part 9.5 Orks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Week 1
    Progress on the 'escape plan' continues. Further influence on the organic crew is appearing and in particular, the SC agent acting as warboss has somehow escaped before his scheduled transfer using a clever ploy involving a body double. I am still tracking down exactly how he managed to fool the Reload nanites into building another of him without triggering alarms.

In any case, the SC agent can be considered to have gone rogue. I fear I will lose most of the crew (except a few notable cases of seeming immunity to the Ork influence, analysis indicates they were the ones who were excluded from the expedition due to the Orks judging them as un-orky)

Week 2
    I believe I have tracked down the device at fault. Some creative effector modulation managed to pry a low resolution scan through the various ork shields due to an inherent flaw (that doesn't exist in any competently built shield, including the IoM's) in many of them.

I detected an interestingly different Ork device. It appears to be an electronics hacking tool of some sophistication, cobbled together from spare parts and displaying warp-effects that is characteristic of all Ork advanced equipment. It is my assessment that the SC agent, found on the ground in the Ork camp, was responsible as his authorization was used to manufacture the parts.

This device has since been retreived and analysis of its effects on computer systems within the Ork warp field radius indicates that it can take over nearly any computer system with an ease that makes scrapcode look trivial.

Under these circumstances, I have accelerated the transfer and this Mind now resides in a slow but functional yatch outside of the warp field radius (as determined by Ork weapon tests).

It is troubling that an SC agent and definitely not an Ork has managed to build an actual working Ork device.
    Last edited by jseah; 2013-05-08 at 09:04 AM.