View Single Post

Thread: Can we just do another music thread?

1. - Top - End - #911
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Can we just do another music thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    Listen to Bosse-de-Nage's III. It's like a black metal Spiderland.
    Can't tell if that would be a good thing or not :v Well, I'll give it a listen and let you know what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Ah man, I love the vocals on that album. They're far from pretty, and there's a lot of genuinely ugly moments, but I can't imagine performances more perfect for the album, and more complementary to the lyrics. It's an album that anyone with enough conviction and enough investment in the music and lyrics could've sung, and that's what I love about it.

In any case, I shared your opinion on my first handful of listens. It's a hell of a grower.
    I just can't stand the mumbled poetry, or the whispering, or the almost-but-not-quite-hardcore-punk shout. But albums have grown on me before, and the vocals certainly didn't kill it for me. Just... rather spoiled an otherwise excellent listening experience.
    Last edited by Comrade; 2013-01-03 at 05:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.