View Single Post

Thread: I'm feeling turn based and fantastical

1. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I'm feeling turn based and fantastical

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    You could try one of the Disciples games then. I've spent the most time with D3, and there's fairly strong minion customization in the form of choosing advancement paths, and a rather interesting upgrade system for the heroes. Heroes are on-map for the tactical combat, which is surprisingly good. Only problem is that the game is painfully, painfully slow. No, slower than that.
    Hiss, Disciples 3. Disciples 2 was a great game with some interesting, unique elements and a dark fantasy, animesque style. 3 threw it all away to become a Heroes of Might and Magic 5 knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Evrine View Post
    I tried the demo out, and boy is that a clunky interface. I couldn't figure out how to get my elven archers to fire their bows. It also took me entirely too many turns to figure out how to create more units. Thanks anyway.
    I think you should show more willingness to explore the game's interface and trying to figure it out on your own, or at least to look it up in the instruction manual. RPGs and strategy games, especially older ones, are really not the genres where interfaces can be 100% intuitive all the time. And Age of Wonders really is not that hard to figure out.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2013-01-03 at 08:57 PM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show