Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
Hiss, Disciples 3. Disciples 2 was a great game with some interesting, unique elements and a dark fantasy, animesque style. 3 threw it all away to become a Heroes of Might and Magic 5 knockoff.
While there are plenty of things to dislike about D3, a HoMM 5 ripoff it is certainly not. The combat mechanics are completely different for one thing. I'd also hardly say it ditched the dark fantasy aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
Warty you like the real-time-pause game mechanic? I hate that mechanic, because I'd rather play completely turn-based, or completely real-time such as RTS. The corridor example you gave doesn't seem to hold water, because the overwatch mechanic exists.
You really can do things with the synched RTP system that a turn based game either can't do, or doesn't do well. I'm not convinced its the best choice for fantasy dungeon crawling, but when it comes to modern fireteam tactics, it's a much stronger choice.

Anyways, the only reason no one mentioned the Baldur's Gate and related games is because they're not turn-based. So if you like the R-T-P mechanic and you're looking for something fantastical, then why aren't you playing Baldur's Gate and its plethora of offspring/relatives?
I've played a bit of Icewind Dale 2 and Planescape, and was seriously unimpressed. I find D&D a totally wretched system which I avoid whenever possible. Plus Bioware doesn't usually produce games I like, and I don't think I'll play anything they make again.