I have found in my personal choices between Medical help for my issues, and religious, that generally priests are better people.

I find Medical Professionals to be cold and heartless often times (Not all the time, but generally). To them its not going out to do what is best for the people, but what is best for them. Line their pockets, rack up some Accolades, make everyone think they wear a halo, retire well off. I can count the number of honestly good doctors I have met in my life on one hand, and I have spent literally years in hospitals. With this goes an old saying, Psychologists want to find something broken in everyone because they are broken, and don't want to be alone. Some of the Psychologists I have met, not in professional encounters, are on the verge of being monsters.

Priests on the other hand I believe are more likely to want to help you. For one they have a longer track record of healing the sickness of the soul, and for two they won't just dope you up. While a strong belief may not just magic wand our troubles away, it gives a good anchor upon which to hold against the smashing waves of life. While it may not work for anyone, those out there like me who felt empty and devoid of something may find solace in practicing religion.

There was a time when I was younger that I rejected religion entirely, problems had cropped up and I blamed God. Years later, I have come to terms with myself, and my religion has helped to level me out and give me something to keep me from sinking.