Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
@Lonely Tylenol: As someone who has been/is in a similar situation I express my sympathies. I would also try and offer some sort of suggestion (hopefully without breaking rule 2): try not to push yourself away from people. I know it's a lot harder done than it is said, but this sort of headspace is not territory you want to be facing alone. Yes, it's difficult to overcome everything you'll be telling yourself about burdening other people with your baggage but it's important that you try. Without some sort of support network (which is basically what any close interpersonal relationship is like, if you think about it) that disconnect is going to get worse, and it may well not be the only thing.
What's left of the thinking, reasoning part of me agrees and knows the wisdom of this, but the remainder feels that I've waded (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting] territory, here.

WarKitty, Ialdabaoth, Jib, and pendell: Speaking as somebody who is finally being forced to leave the relative safety and security of university health services, and is just now tiptoeing into the murky waters of private mental health services: