Jer'el, starts to climb up the sparring and rigging when he realizes ... he climbs like a natural climbing creature, much like Korian. Though not incredibly fast, his many limbs make it quite easy. He gets up to the main yardarm, and performs brilliantly. He even makes a swinging flourish from one of the hanging ropes to go out over the water, down, and alights right in front of the captain. Much to his own amazement at his newfound strength and agility as to the onlookers noting his skill.

The captain claps him on the back, "Officers and crew of the Sea Wyvern, welcome our new newest deckhand, Jer'el!"

There is cheering and applauding, but when it dies down, he follows. "Well, Seaman Jer'el? Get to work! Report to the bo'sun there, Ms. Venkalie will give you tasking."

Wealsun 28, 8th day out of Sasserine ... nothing of note.

Richfest 1, the Summer Festival (New Moon)

At 0700 in the morning, the Sea Wyvern still follows the coast, but a ship is spotted out in open ocean by Korian in the nest. As soon as he calls it out, the rest of those on deck notice it. It is some manner of large warship.

Captain Wavebreaker takes out his spyglass. "The flag isn't Scarlet Brotherhood, nor anything else I know. And I've never seen a ship like that before. Mr. Cohen, Ms. Nightrom, take a look."

Eliezer, you do an excellent job of aiding Celiss. She says, "Yes, it took a little bit because of the distance, but I remember seeing that sign in the Witchwarden Tower. This is a mage who was expelled for killing fellow warden members for secrets concerning magical naval architecture. That ship is big, bigger than ours, but it seems to be moving quite apace."

"That doesn't bode well," says the captain. "Mr. Cohen, if you would be so kind, take another look - with the bo'sun's aid if need be - and see if you can't identify the ship type."