1. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sarone's Skull and Shackles: The Wormwood Mutiny: IC

Ezekial's Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive Roll (1d20+6)[14]

Hearing Gareth's speech and 'Lucky' Cas's pleas, the various crew members snickered and laughed. Luckily, none of the opposing crew saw Harold pull out and put on the brass knuckles.

"My, you certainly have spunk, gladiator," Aretta says, her hand resting on a dagger in her belt. "Unfortunately for you, this is a ship, not a parlor house."

"As for feeding my friends to me," the overwieght sailor says, mimicing Aretta's movements, "you must have taken a few blows to the head. I'm no cannibal. Though I'd gladly use your as bait for the sharks."

When Varya and Artazostra stepped forward and started to push their way, Aretta takes a step back, only for Fipps to stop Artazostra. "I don't think so, Princess," Fipps say, holding her in place. "We're here to ensure you understand your proper place..."

"And you should check yours, my good man," Ezekial says, taking a step forward as well, right hand looped around the sheath of the dagger in his belt. "While you were busy posturing us, we postured ourselves."

A quick glance around indicates it's true; with Varya and Artazostra up front between fat man and Aretta, Gareth, Rugnar, and Harold to their starboard, and Binderal, Ezekial, and 'Lucky' Cas slightly behind the group, recognition hits the various pirates as they realized that if a fight broke out, they would lose, especially with Binderal having a clear shot at Aretta, the dwarf, half-orc, and the Rahadoumi, with the fat man and the wild eyed woman being cut off and seperated.

"I strongly suggest you let us pass," Ezekial says, adjusting the healer's kit, "though I believe my skills are good enough to stop you from dying."

With a scowl forming, the fat man utters a curse and spits off to the side. "Fine, you win with your 'tactics', and thinking, and numbers," the fat man says. "But watch yourselves, ye hear me. 'Accidents' have been known to happen."

Nodding at the others, the recruits make it up, Rugnar holding the rear and looking back every now and then as the make their way up to the main deck.

Breakfast for the second day consists of ship's biscuit, handed out by a thin, young human female who doesn't speak. It takes a few minutes before Master Scourge shows up, a scowl on his face when he sees the recruits and a quick glance at the 'welcoming party' brings a curse to his lips.

Riggers
    Spoiler
    Show

"Good to see you all are here," Mr. Plugg says as he looks down from the bridge, eyeing the Gareth and Varya, "and not wasting time below decks. You might have met some of the crew earlier, but introductions can be made at a later date."

Taking a step back and gripping the 'cat' in his hands, Mr. Plugg takes a deep breath. "Mr. Shortstone, you and the gladiator have upper rigging work. 'Ratline' and 'Narwhal', you two teach the scholar how to do the Mainsail. Maheem, you're on Rope work. Barefoot and Slippery Sly, you two are on line work."

Nodding at the riggers as they leave, Mr. Plugg look in the direction of Harold and Ezekial. "Assistant cooks, here on the double."
    Tasks:
    Upper Rigging Work: Climb 50 feet up (requires climb checks) and either a Profession (Sailor) or a Dexterity Check.

Mainsail Duties: Raising and lowering the mainsail, requires either a Profession (Sailor) or a Strength Check and a Constitution Check to Avoid Fatigue

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

As you head to the rigging to start working, Conchobar looks at you. "Too bad your lady friend couldn't make it," Conchobar says as he starts going up the rigging. "Would be nice to chat with her."

Sanguine
    Spoiler
    Show

Seeing that this was going to be a new job, Varya heads over, seeing the dwarf from earlier starting to work as well as a long armed gnome, slightly dishevel with two fingers missing on her left hand and a finger on her right. Both look at Varya when she approaches, with the dwarf spitting off to the side.

Swabs
    Spoiler
    Show

When Master Scourge calls the swabs to him, the scowl on his face is barely restrained. "Good, you all made it today," Master Scourge says, eyeing the each swab, leering at Binderal, 'Lucky' Cas, Rugnar, and Artazostra, "we might make good pirates out of each of you, eventually."

Putting his hands behind him, Master Scourge baarks his orders. "Aretta, you and the 'Qadiran' have the Bilges. Make sure they work. Jack and Fipps, you two and 'Lucky' are on ratcatcher detail. I want those vermin found. 'Cog' and Rosie, you two are swabbing the decks. I want to eat off them by dinner. 'Badger' and Tibbs, you two and 'Earboy' are on Hauling Rope and Knot Work. Tilly and Shivikah, you two and 'Scratchpost are on Repair Work.

Taking a deep breath, Master Scourge nods at the swabs. "Now get to work."

Tasks:
    Man the Bilges: Vile and Sweaty work, it requires a Strength and Constitution Checks.

Rat Catcher: Ships like Wormwood have vermin everywhere and require daily hunts. Make either a Survival Check, a Stealth check, or a Dexterity Check.

Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying the knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another. Requires either a Profession (Sailor) or a Strength Check and a Constitution check for Fatigue.

Repairs: Repairs to the sails and ropes. Need either a Profession (Sailor) or a Dexterity Check.

ArchPaladin
    Spoiler
    Show

As Artazostra makes her way below decks with Aretta, she makes it known what she wants. "To be clear, 'Qadiran'," she says as she opens the hatch to the bilges, "do not talk to me. You and your friends are trouble and don't deserve to be on here."

When Artazostra climbs down into the bilges, she notices plenty of boxes in the bilges, as well as the bilge pump and six sets of manacles bolted to the bulkheads.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[79]
    (1d100)[99]

About half way through the day, Artazostra and Aretta sense movement from above. Looking up, both ladies see two hairy spiders start coming down, with Aretta screaming at the top of her lungs and backing away from it.

(OOC: The bilge spiders, though large and hairy, aren't very tough and brave. An attack, successful or not, will scare it away. All I need is two attack rolls and damage rolls for each.)

OOC: Can I get a perception check for Artazostra?

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

When Binderal makes his way over to the two sailors he would be working with, he notice that the half-elf he tried to talk to last night was there, as well as a bedraggled gnome with one eye named Tibbs. Quickly and with little words, the two ladies show Binderal what needs to be done, then move on to their own work.

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Heading out with the fat man named Fipps and the young lad named Jack, 'Lucky' Cas gets a rundown by Jack on what needs to be done. Before heading out, Fipps looks at 'Lucky'. "DOn't know about you, Sharkbait, but you and your friends don't belong here. I don't care what happens, but don't speak with me. Pass it along with your friends."

IRollTwenties
    Spoiler
    Show

A female Mwangi named Shivikah and a tough looking female named Tilly shwos you what needs to be done with the repairs.

Cook Assistants
    Spoiler
    Show

"Assistant cooks, here on the double."

Catching Harold and Ezekial off guards, they run towards the bridge. Once there, both men stand beofre Mr. Plugg as he walks down from the bridge. "About time you two showed up," Mr. Plugg says as he directs both men to follow him, making his way towards the the bow of the ship. "'Fishguts' drank himself insensibly last night and didn't wake up, not that it would do much good," he says as he goes down the stairs, pass the shackled man, through the main hold and towards the galley.

"Any one else would be flogged and put in the sweat box, but Captain Harrigan likes his cooking." Stepping through the door, Mr. Plugg stops when he enters, gazing at the various spots cleaned, before turning to the two cooks. "I heard right, you two did clean this place up. Very well, then, let's see how you two do without 'Fishguts' today."

Turning, Mr. Plugg hoists himself on one of the tables, taking a seat. "Since you two demonstarted some competence yesterday, you two can decide how to deal with today." Mr. Plugg grabs an apple from a bushel nearby and takes a bite of it. "One of you can cook, while the other catch fish. I suggest you do well, because it'll be the bilges if you fail."

Tasks:

Cooking: Need a Profession (Cook) or an Intelligence Check. Don't forget the +2 for the galley.

Fishing: Need a Profession (Fisherman) or Survival check to catch enough fish.
    Last edited by Sarone; 2013-01-09 at 12:12 AM.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.