View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

1. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

Pieter and Ithelus

Pieter unbuckled his shortsword and scabbard without hesitation. Then, almost as an afterthought, he added his beautifully crafted dagger to the pile of weapons. A childhood in the worst streets of Nuln made one reluctant to willingly surrender one's last dagger, but Esther, having been around Anhame and Talberg, was undoubtedly aware that men who lived a dangerous life were never without a small, concealable blade.

He remembered how his old mentor Berthold Browncloak, whenever he was asked to disarm, produced at least half a dozen knives of varying shapes and sizes seemingly out of nowhere. It was mostly for show, of course; it kept people wondering if he still had another somewhere, even if they searched him thoroughly just to be on the safe side.

What would he say if he knew I left all my weapons in the care of someone called Gundred?

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For those without Tome of Salvation: Gunndred, a minor Old World deity, is essentially the god of thuggery and intimidation. Needless to say, his cult and the cult of Ranald view each other with considerable contempt.

Pieter was not overjoyed when Esther accompanied them downstairs. Perhaps they should just have pretended to leave and then gone to see the doctor anyway.

"I trust Reifennen has been kept ignorant of what's been going on?" he asked Esther while they were still outside the crypt, in a low voice but well within Rodrik's earshot.

The less Reifennen knew, the easier it would be to catch him in a lie or get him to say too much.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-01-09 at 04:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.