Pieter ignored Ithelus. It might be useful to let the doctor think the Elf was beyond their control.

"Waite did lie to us. But he told the truth about at least one thing - there's an evil at the barrow. We never even needed to unearth it; the evil was already out when we came to Hohlesbruck."

"When the bandits got a hold of your letter, they tried to blackmail Lady Verloren with it for a thousand crowns. I was there when Ribault made his threat, holding her at knifepoint. And you insist on claiming it was an innocent offer of services? Oh, we know the service you offered her. And you did deliver... before even knowing if she'd accept. The letter never even reached her, you idiot. Her maid stole it and gave it to Ribault, which probably saved your neck from the noose until now."

He studied Reifennen, trying to read his reaction to the lie. This might tell him a lot about how much he and Esther had communicated since the letter.

"But perhaps I waste my words, because I can tell you're not trying to convince us; we already know you're connected with the Plague Lord's minions that have been attacking us lately, and that if we retraced your steps, we'd find fourteen new graves in Basdahl, four in Nupstedt; but none in Arenhausen, where the Shallyans thwarted you. I can tell you're just rehearsing your lies for the more malleable villagers. If you want to make this a war of words, against me of all people, so be it; you'll lose. Because you see, words... I happen to be skilled with them. The only words that can save you are ones that'll help us fix this gods-damned mess. First by stopping that knight."

OOC:
Spoiler
Show
This got longer than I expected... The doctor can interrupt at any time. Our respective time zones make it hard to post a lot, and none of us wants this conversation to go on forever.