1. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: History of The Usurpers IC

The Pridelands
    Hel, The Glorious Queen

"Ah.. how I have longed to go on dates like that of my subjects. To find love and wonder on a magic carpet ride... or whatever it is those people do." Hel shrugged, draping herself over Hubris without the slightest bit of modesty.

"But I think the whole concept is rather stupid... but so full of possibles. I mean, if you have the concept of love you are deeply connected to another individual. But what if that individual were to die, or worse yet, turn on you? What a cause for fear! I bet they all fear that, don't you?" Hel continued to ramble, tracing her finger in circles on Hubris chest.

"Something to remember, hm, Hubris? Alas, like nobles, gods marry for power, not love." Hel sighed, brushing her golden locks from her hair. How truly beautiful, how exquisite she was in all her finery. But this man, this powerful lord, he seemed much more together than her previous engagement. And much more handsome as well. He was perfect and powerful and he knew it. Confident. She liked that.

"Well, then, my love, shall we not beat around the bush? We will combine our power for a more glorious future for all- well, for us anyway!"

Hel laughed with wicked glee and snapped her fingers twice quickly. The lands shuddered and shook as they twisted and reformed. The long forgotten land of Faelan moved and repositioned itself as it took on more characteristics of the Pridelands. They did remind her so much of her home and where she came from. It would a pleasure to rule over them.

Far beyond the glorious city of Hubris with its mighty and majestic pyramids there was a whole wonderful world. An African-esque landscape with beautiful plains and the occasional tree lifted straight from the scenes of some famous Lion movie. It even had a dark place where that evil goddess had touched down, a place where all feared to tread, but it wasn't anyones graveyard yet.

Her wonderful lions, large and full of pride, hunted here. They weren't all about fear, no, they acted like normal lions and loved the pack. They were loyal. And while they may be more vicious, tougher, bigger than a normal lion they were no match for dinosaurs and some of these new creatures. She had to change that. Soon.

And those creatures the savage one had made... noble, but tribal, and they reminded her of the cats she loved. She would not wipe these creatures out. No, instead she would love them as her own and show these Leonyr what their purpose in life is. For now, she was content to let them roam free in the Pridelands with her lions. They weren't in every pack, but they were there, leading, learning, more sentient than her previous creations. She would take them for her own, but for now, she would watch with great interest.

Her hawks continued to nest in the high mountains of the Pridelands, and truthfully, any mountains they could find to roost. They had no natural predators and seemed to flourish across the entire world. They had no need of her help. No one bothered with them, even though they picked off the occasional member of any organic species.

While her octupii and mermaids were wonderful creatures, they were hunted and scared, merely food for some horrible beast. The freshwater also almost killed them both of her undersea babies as well. But still a few of them persevered. One even got the beast to stop eating her tribesmen. They were resourceful. But they cried out for anyone to help them still. She pitied them, but she also kind of found that fear amusing. So she didn't help them. But soon.

Her wonderful bugs.. how they had spread! No one dared to mess with such an established part of the echo-system now that all basic variety of bug had become so invaluable and ingrained themselves so fully. She had big plans for her lovely flies, her quick mosquitoes, her amusing moths... Soon.

As this land, these Pridelands, these lands that were hers almost as much, twisted and reshaped to become even closer to what she wanted The Queen made sure her Gemstone Spiders survived and gave them a new home here with her. The flowers and plants that bloomed here weren't the flowers they were used to... but that accursed fool-god had doomed their home. And while the majority of the Gemstone Spiders struggled to survive in the place they were made, some came here to the Pridelands and their new Queen.

The Pridelands were a beautiful African Landscape now full of plants, mountains, swamps, and the darklands. Creatures sprang up here as well, like the common buffalo, the amazing gazelle, and the wild mustang.

"Is that a dowry worthy of our courtship?" Hel asked, the Glorious Matron with a gleam in her eye. She knew it was. With a flick of divine energy she created a simple gold ring, just a symbol, that she offered to the Glorious Lord.

"Join me and we will rule the galaxy as King and Queen!"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 0
    Rollover: 4
    AP: 4

Alter Land: 1
    I used Alter Land to do a lot here and a lot of fluff. Basically, I used the land that Faelan created before he left the game to add onto the Pridelands. I figured it was close since he corrupted my lions. Now they are connected and one land, twice the size of a normal continent, and it looks pretty much like the Lion King there. With pyramids. I also created three new mundane life creatures for free: the buffalo, the gazelle, and the mustang. Enjoy.

Alliance: 2
    Oh happy day! Hubris and Hel are to be married! What could go wrong?

AP: 1
    Last edited by Phobia; 2013-01-13 at 04:00 PM.