The conversation carries on for several minutes. You discover that the creature is an Oread, a member of the fey that is bound to a mountain. It is their duty to defend their homes from miners and despoilers. She attacked you initially, because you separated the bear from its cubs, but after seeing Feddin again, she assumes the whole thing was a misunderstanding. You are welcome to take shelter for the night, but she warns your group not to make this mountain a home. She's got enough on her hands with the bandits and the goblins. Still, she invites Feddin to return when he is done with his adventures. The group can't help but notice a hint of affection from the oread towards Feddin, perhaps a deep friendship or something even more. She leaves you be for the night, and you strangely experience no more mudslides, sinkholes, etc for the rest of the night.

The morning sun battles the gray sky for dominance in the early springtime dawn. The clouds are low and fat in the sky, promising more rain later in the day, but for now, it's only drizzling lightly. The roads will be muddy, and the going slow, but it's safe to travel for now at least.

@Feddin:
Spoiler
Show
You find a stone tablet next to your pack in the morning. It has carved writing on it using elven runes, but the writing style is ancient, and you cannot read the language. Next to it, is a necklace with an uncut stone in the middle of it. The design is wild in appearance, but beautiful in its own strange way.

You hear a slight stirring in Richard's wagon. The head of a gnomish looking fellow pops up, looking a little groggy. There is an empty bottle of wine next to him.

"My wine!" Richard shouts angrily at the hungover creature. "My precious Garnet Wine! Get the hell out of my cart!" The gnome's eyes pop open wide as he scurries free of the cart, keeping the cart between him and Richard as they engage in a game of cat and mouse around it.