1. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Persona Series: Who Wants To Talk About Murders?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    It's great. My personal pick for game of the year last year, actually. Though you could easily say that's because it caters absolutely perfectly to my tastes - I've long been a big JRPG fan, have been a big Persona 3 and 4 fan since I first played them a few years ago, and have become a big fighting game over the past couple of years. And Arc System Works, the company that did the gameplay half of the game, also makes my other favorite fighting game series, BlazBlue - which is also the series that got me into fighting games. So, yeah, perfect storm for me there.

Still, Labrys' story in that is simply excellent. Served as a great reminder to me of what Persona Team is capable of. The rest of the story is good too, though it suffers a bit from the use of ArcSys' storytelling style, where every character gets their own story mode. Normally that works well in BlazBlue, since every character is off doing their own thing, and they have in-story excuses for alternate timelines to exist - doesn't work as well in P4A, since it makes many of the stories quite repetitive, with each character doing much the same thing as the others. You do get some good joke endings out of it, though.

Also, the music? Amazing. Simply amazing.
    Dude...don't make me want it so bad!

Hallelujah!

But it encouraged using particular team members as well, to make sure you could strike each potential physical weakness. And it made the physical Persona skills much more meaningful - in Persona 4 a lot of them were very redundant, since they kept all of the old ones but changed them all to doing the same damage type. So you'd have things like Bash and Slash being basically the same move.
    True. Though, IMO, the physical attacks could stand a bit of parsing.

It did? I don't recall it having any. To me it just straight-up made no sense once you had teammates able to cast Recarm, or if you were carrying Revival Beads.
    Yeah.

Spoiler
    Show
    In P3, your main character contained the Death Shadow within him. If he dies, rather than the long drawn out Nyx approaches Earth thing, Death comes immediately. All that holds that back, is the Main Character Surviving.

And in P4, the main character represents Hope in Izanami's game, just as Adachi represents Emptiness and Namatame represents Despair. If the main dies, no more Hope. No more Hope, no more humanity.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2013-01-16 at 09:39 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf