See, what you're doing there is applying common sense to the rules. But you're assuming the rules will be read in the common sense way, while I believe the very point of this thread is to write down what the common sense rules should say so that they're always interpreted in the common sense way.

Otherwise there's no point in this thread... for each rule, you could just say "common sense dictates people will read this rule right, so we don't need to do anything."

To be clear, every interpretation I've stated here (except some of the technical bits about why Kobolds count as True Dragons) is something I've heard from multiple other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful
Does it, anywhere in the book, state anything factual about the status of kobold's dragonness? Because that's also the book that lists all true dragons at the time of it's printing, Dragonwrought Kobolds don't appear on this list. So no, they weren't.
Yes, yes it does. Races of the Dragon does this. Repeatedly. And No, Races of the Dragon does NOT list all true dragons at the time of printing. That was Draconomicon... which was printed long before Races of the Dragon (it's Races of the Dragon that created the Dragonwrought feat and gave Kobolds age categories and made them get stronger as they get older and all that).

In what way do Kobolds, through the process of growing, accumulate power?
Races of the Dragon made it so that Dragonwrought Kobolds gain stat boosts as they get older and take no aging penalties. And since the DMG explicitly states that characters with higher stats are more powerful, they clearly qualify.

Seriously, it's not that hard to fix the issue. You just explicitly state that the automatically qualify language doesn't let you take Dragonblood substitution levels without taking the earlier levels, and you state that Sovereign Archetypes only apply to True Dragons with Dragon racial hit dice. Problem solved. It's really not that hard.

JaronK