View Single Post

Thread: Explosive Runes Questions

1. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Explosive Runes Questions

Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    I could see the training for it right now...

"No, young fool you look past the words not at them. What if that was a set of four hundred Explosive Runes, a viable tactic for any Wizard paranoid enough to have foes willing to hire a rouge." Raven Wintersimth, Master Rouge of the Thieves Guild
    More comedic gold, bud!

(no room in my sig, though. )

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    By the way, as a DM I rule that any of these types of "trap" spells only last for a certain period of time/CL. Any permanent things would have to use the Permanency spell. It kind of lowers the complete ridiculousness that this thread has been suggesting.
    Fair enough, but isn't making things like explosive runes cost XP going too far in the other direction?

Especially with my dm, who does xp in a way that lost xp can never be caught up. Also, he's already given wizards (and to a lesser extent, other T1 casters) some significant nerfs: No gate (or other calling spells), no shapechange (or polymorph or polymorph any object) xp rules that make using spells with xp components worth it only as absolute last resorts, if even that (and makes crafting something of an iffy proposition for anyone without a craft reserve)

I agree that letting more than one rune go off at once is insane, though.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-01-18 at 02:27 AM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.