Quote Originally Posted by Tryfan View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not that important anyway, if something is found that fits everything else but doesn't look unrecognisable enough then it's probably that.

Though maybe a better example would have been the giraffe: when it was first found it was thought to be the offspring of a camel and a leopard. That means whoever found it clearly saw it was a mammel, but the fact they thought it was a hybrid of two such odd creatures means it could have been billed in a circus as an 'it' and 'like nothing I'd seen before'.
The duck-billed platypus and aye-aye also did this despite being, to some extent, familiar.

As such I'd say a glowing gold humanoid (for example, I know that it couldn't induce nausea) could be an 'it' and 'like nothing I've seen before'
No, it doesn't follow. People in OotS are used to non-human races. They are aware of dwarves, elves, trolls, etc. The picture of those guys look like rather blobby humans. There is nothing particularly unrecognisable about them. They are just another bipedal humanoid.

Grey Wolf