Quote Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
Given the current situation on Mechanus in 3.5, I was considering the possibility of a LN foreign group co-opting the plane and altering incoming LN souls into a different, more agreeable form.
That would be... difficult. You see, the "raw" soulform on Mechanus that Primus draws from isn't a soul shell like on Baator, or an ambulatory creature; it's his own energy pool, where the power to create a new modron resides fully. A new modron is automatically created whenever one is destroyed, and the pseudofinite numbers of the modron ranks mean Primus has a hefty stockpile of soulstuff to draw upon.

Formians aren't an exemplar race; unlike the baatezu, they don't spawn that way and never have. It's possible they could devise a way to convert souls to workers, but it would be difficult to call that "lawful neutral."

Is there a source which details the process of creating a lemure more thoroughly?
Fiendish Codex II has a brief bit of insight into it, incorporating lots of torture followed by being flung into a death pit to be devoured and extruded as a lemure.

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
You know, it's funny how many high-epic (30-50+) adventure ideas have been floated so far. (Cutting off souls to an Outer Plane? Ending the Blood War? Merging the Inner Planes?)
See, the awesome thing about Planescape is that you might bump into some of those adventures as early as 5th level.

In that vein, I have one: is there any basis for being able to "steer" a demiplane around out of the Ethereal (or into the Deep Ethereal I guess), and if so how far could you go?
Any basis? None that I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
We established previously that the archdevils and the Big Three demon lords don't really care about the Blood War. Of various other stripes of demon lords, which would you say *is* most interested in defeating Baator, and would make that his priority if he somehow gained the upper hand in Abyssal politics?
That would be J'zzalshrak, the Errant General. There are a few demon lords such as Baltazo who have dabbled in the Blood War, though Baltazo himself is retired and pretty happy about it.

Because I still think the evidence suggests that the ONLY thing keeping Baator intact is the Abyss's collective refusal to buckle down and get the job done.
Well, you're wrong about that. As I've tried to point out to you.