Quote Originally Posted by theinsulabot View Post
as to why, again, my theory is that attaching like a thousand abjurations to the fake took RC a few hours and he is dealing with the fact that he cant answer what he was doing during that time by preventing the knowledge of exactly when the raid took place from getting to xykon. if he assaults the hide out in the morning, spends the afternoon making the fake look real and then tells xykon he took the base in the evening, he covers his tracks.
A) We only see Redcloak casting prepared (memorized or on scrolls) spells on the go.
B) You mean he wants to hide a "a few hour-gap" from the Xykon that had arrived just minutes ago (enough to make Jirix get blue, but not enough to make him die). We're looking at a max of 10 minutes. How could Redcloak have brought the thing to Xykon earlier when Xykon wasn't even in town (or on the plane).

I'm seeing no reason at all to kill the Spy but to be "really cautious". Note I understand Redcloak taking that approach but we have not seen any better reason so far.