View Single Post

Thread: Ester: IC

1. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ester: IC

"Excuse me, good sirs and madam." At that point, the aggressor in this situation made himself known, and the girl - still a bit hesitant to banter with a hostile paladin of St. Cuthbert - nevertheless decided to at least try to separate the two parties from each other and to prevent a violent outburst from ruining her morning walk. She imagined that the two men were likely not of very high ranks if they are wasting time here; still, she swalloed her pride and greeted them with a gentle, respectful bow before interjecting herself back into the exchange.

"I'm certain that, as the upholders of law, that you have nothing but the best intentions in protecting the safety of the city. I'm not certain what crimes this halfling committed, but is not the proper course of the law for a suspect to submit him to the city courts for an official trial? I understand the use of force to subdue an unruly prisoner, but it does not believe he is in a state to resist at the current moment."

"If his crime is not truly severe, can I please ask you to forgive him?" The girl added, kindly smiling to both parties to enforce her message while letting her appearance and pose - and perhaps, as much as she hates to admit it, her name - enhance her plea. "There are many poor children nowadays trying to fend for themselves on the streets, and many poor adults that are committing small crimes for the sake of feeding their families. Given that, and what you have already done, I am quite certain that the man would try his best to avoid such crimes in the future."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly of this is a diplomacy roll to try to get the paladins to leave: (1d20+14)[20].

Meanwhile, Lilina has an action readied in case if something happens (she's still pretty far away from the paladins), and is also doing a sense motive on the halfling victim: (1d20+10)[14]

EDIT: I rolled a four!
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2013-01-26 at 12:29 PM.