1. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 7: At the Price of Oblivion

I recently encountered more classpect theorizing which revitalized my interest in Homestuck.

So, foreshadowing about Jane Crocker and Jake English is pretty obvious by now. I kinda like Lil' Hal->Magic Cueball (And thus, Doc Scratch). That leaves Roxy as a wildcard, which also makes sense.

Note the two halves of Ouroboros in the Suckers when they are summoned. Another Never-Ending Story reference. Maybe super-charges Aspect of user (Since Roxy doesn't get any super-void powers)? Also might be foreshadowing Vriska showing up again.

Trickster Mode also has 11 as its special number (maybe 11 11 11?)

There's also some pretty heavy Wizard of Oz referencing going on in the Post-Scratch universe. (Cowardly Roxy, Tin Dirk, Straw Jake)

Missing Zilly-When, which I think is for Jade (When compliments Space, like the Cutlass's Where compliments Dave's Time).
    Why is then for Roxy (Void, no reason), Which is Rose (Light. Might be a pun on Witch though), What is Jane (Life), Who is John (Breath... Agency?)

Edges of the class spectrum seem pretty clear now, as
    Passive: Muse, Page, Bard, (Seer?), (Sylph?), (Rogue?), (Page?)
    Active: Lord, Witch, Prince, (Mage?) (Knight?), (Thief?), (Maid?)

Obviously Muse and Lord are polar opposites, as is their nature. Active classes tend to be more obviously powerful, and in particular START powerful, and use their power "selfishly". Passive classes tend to appear weak or doing little, but have the potential to have greater effect, "sharing" their aspect. Canon pairings are Prince/Bard(Destroying), Thief/Rogue (Distributing)

I'm inclined to pair Mage/Seer (Knowing), Knight/Page (Wielding), Witch/Heir(Changing), Maid/Sylph(Creating). Could be Witch/Sylph and Heir/Maid instead, but I don't know how to reconcile those powers thematically. At the same time, there is that "Sylph is like Witch but more magical" comment.

Destroy opposes Create (strongly gender opposed), Distribute opposes Wield (weakly gender opposed), Change opposes Know (Strong gender opposition opposes no gender opposition?).

Aspect opposition (Life-Doom, Light-Void, Hope-Rage, Mind-Heart, Breath-Blood, Time-Space) is pretty obvious. Inversions (Jade, Rose) seem to fit (Seer of Time, Witch of Void).
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2013-01-28 at 07:29 PM.