Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
True, but I'm speculating on how Bleach might be if it was written a little better.

As for this week's chapter:
Spoiler
Show
So as it turns out, Kenpachi is NOT the immortal highlander, Unohana is just cheating. To be fair, I think this is actually something quite clever. If, say, you were friends with Goku, and knew he was a saiyen, and thus knew that every time he almost died, he returned twice as powerful (which IS canon, by the way) I'd probably try to kill him every day. So I like how Unohana is abusing the system.
Spoiler
Show
Yep, my theory was wrong.

I am of mixed feelings about this one. I like that Unohana is cheating, but I hate the reason that she's cheating. Kenpachi gets stronger when he almost dies because he's such an amazing unstoppable superman that he's been unconsciously blocking himself forever in the hopes of getting worthwhile fights.

He's already an awesome badass, Kubo, you don't need to make him just that much better than everyone else by having him be stronger than the best swordfighter in Soul Society however many hundreds of years ago when he was just a kid.