Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
Actually, in the vs thread I was never disproven when I said "Show me one instance where a non-firebender gets hit directly by fire, and doesn't get burned like IRL."
One person cited when Vagrant Hero Zuko finally shed his disguise and blasted the earthbender deserter-soldier-bully. Until I dissected the scene frame by frame, which showed that the bully did throw up a hasty guard to protect his exposed face, and he was in full earthbender-soldier gear, and since Earth Kingdom was in a protracted war with Fire Kingdom it only makes sense that all their soldiers are armored in asbestos.

Oh. You were that guy. As I remember it, you never accepted that your theory might be wrong, but several people were arguing for it.

Basically, you were saying "This is what I think, prove me wrong" instead of "this is what I think, here's the proof".
It's like saying Earthbending can't be used to break bones of earthbenders, because we never see any earthbenders with broken bones. Well, except that guy in The Divide, but that accident was too powerful even for his earthbending-infused bones. And the fact that non-earthbenders didn't get broken bones doesn't matter because when Iroh was captured by earthbenders in the first season, it was implied they could break his hands..

Here are two other cases of people getting burned by fire or firebending:

Zuko when his boat exploded.
That woman Zuko met when traveling alone, who had a burn on her leg.