Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
I think the concept of having Korra re-learn the elements would just be a rehash of The Last Airbender, except more boring since there isn't a war going on at the moment. I would much rather the writers explore new ground than just repeat the same formula.
Sure, but it would be easy to tie elemental training into the obvious 'new ground' (greater exploration of the Spirit world), so I don't see that as a particularly high barrier. Indeed, I don't see any other way for them to play it. The barrier to Korra's other Bending wouldn't be anything like Aang's was; she has plenty of expertise, but her spiritual connection to the elements is blocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
And yeah, Nickelodeon didn't believe in Korra at first. They thought the show would bomb because it had a female lead. It wasn't until it was proven successful that they agreed to another season. That's why the ending seemed so...'tidy.'
Then Nickelodeon are idiots. How long did Kim Possible run again?

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
Which is what you get when accountants decide whether a series gets made in the middle of a recession.

It poses the question, would you have preferred an unfinished story with a possible movie to wrap up the loose ends ala Firefly, or a rushed but self contained story in a single season?
You're asking someone on the Internet to choose between being more like Firefly and being less like Firefly. Really, what answer do you expect to get?

But in all seriousness, LoK wasn't a story. It was a storyboard that someone decided to animate without fleshing it out because they "didn't have time" to do it properly. So yes, I prefer an unfinished story to an outline.