Waffling on about myself - unlikely to make for a productive use of one's time. (feel free to go and look at pictures of kittens instead)
Spoiler
Show

I don't generally post in these threads often. While it's true my own problems have sort of slipped off the list of suitable topics since the threads become 'Personal Woes and Advice' rather than what they were previously, that's not really the main reason.
In terms of advice, I've never really had all that much to give - probably not as much as I should have. Despite my long history with depression, I don't generally have much in the way of suggestions on coping mechanisms because my own method wasn't really anything more than 'keep buggering on' until that wasn't possible any more. Advice on life (with or without depression) is also not really something I feel able to comment on much, simply because for that last couple I have not actually had a life. If I'm honest, I'd struggle to even call my last couple of years an existence.

For my own problems though, talking about them always had it's problems anyway. Depression's been a fairly constant feature of my existence since I was about 12-13 and so most of the things I would mention would likely just develop the same despondent predictability of a Welsh weather-forecast. The more 'interesting' changes in that - when not taking the form of something unsuitable for the forum - generally don't give much option for response either. There's not really much to be said about instances of dissociation and/or depersonalising really.
In fact, conversation in general has seldom proved useful. Contrary to what my persona may have indicated at times, I don't usually enjoy distressing other people and realistically that's usually all my talking to other people about my depression problems ever achieves. Aside from the times it provokes hostility or starts arguments, obviously. I don't like other people on the spot, but that's often how talking about the subject comes across. That may be why I find it easier to direct this at faceless strangers over the internet.

So, why am I saying this now? Honestly, I don't really know. A lot of it is probably that I just don't really care anymore, and I don't feel like I have the energy to make myself care. A result hollow weariness, that feels like it's leaking out from inside your bones - some of you may know the sensation, as it's not been terribly uncommon for me.
The other possible reason is that I just felt like I should try and say it somewhere, just to see if it was still possible. Or just so I'd could look back and say I did, if I ever felt the need to look back.

Anyway, I'll probably end-up deleting this eventually if I come to my sense. Until then, there it is.