Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It makes me feel tired and disrespected and undervalued.

I am a sad monkey.

I know how you feel, my family is rather similiar but i have grown to accept that from them. I myself am not even contacted by my siblings unless they need for some type of physcial labour or general favor that i can do for them. It does hurt but I have learned to deal with it, I help when I can and never expect anything in return (heck they always blather on about how I am always obligated to help them because I share a minute amount of genetic material with them ). Some people are just like that and you can either take comfort in the fact that you are a good person for being helpful (which I can say you are definitely a valued person on these forums) or you can become angry which is never helpful. I have trained myself to disregard my family's selfishness, especially my youngest sister, and kept being true to myself and my beliefs. Of course I had a massive amount of help from my fiancee but I am more happy for it. I have no doubt that you will bounce back and be your cheerful monkey self, just hang in there and know that you are valued by others and are a good person.

...wow my forum name isn't really that cheerful